PERSONAL STATEMENT

A NEW DIRECTION FOR A BETTER COMMUNITY

"I am both delighted and proud to have been elected to represent the Dunblane and Bridge of Allan ward on Stirling Council. I have spent many months listening to the views and concerns of local residents, and following my election it is now time to address many of those concerns. By putting an end to waste and profligacy, by ensuring that Stirling's finances are brought under control, and by scrutinising policy I hope that we can deliver a new direction for a better community."

Surgery times, dates and venues will be posted here shortly. You can contact me by writing to...

Stirling Council, Old Viewforth, Stirling FK8 2ET

(email) campbellc@stirling.gov.uk

Saturday, December 23, 2006

SURVEY SUCCESS!

Following the recent distribution of the survey that I sent to local residents, I am encouraged by the substantial response I have received. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those people who took the time to complete and return the survey. Many of you took the opportunity to add your additional thoughts and comments regarding ways in which you would like to see the delivery of council services improved. The survey certainly seems to have started some healthy and much welcomed debate! I hope to reply to all respondents shortly, once the data from the responses has been properly analysed after the Christmas and New Year break.

I had expected that many of the replies would come from natural Conservative supporters, which there were. What encouraged me most, however, were the number of constructive comments and views I received from residents who historically may have voted for other political parties, but were prepared to engage with me in order to achieve the shared goal of ensuring that Stirling Council provides value for money services.

No comments: