PERSONAL STATEMENT

A NEW DIRECTION FOR A BETTER COMMUNITY

"I am both delighted and proud to have been elected to represent the Dunblane and Bridge of Allan ward on Stirling Council. I have spent many months listening to the views and concerns of local residents, and following my election it is now time to address many of those concerns. By putting an end to waste and profligacy, by ensuring that Stirling's finances are brought under control, and by scrutinising policy I hope that we can deliver a new direction for a better community."

Surgery times, dates and venues will be posted here shortly. You can contact me by writing to...

Stirling Council, Old Viewforth, Stirling FK8 2ET

(email) campbellc@stirling.gov.uk

Friday, August 11, 2006

SIMPLY PARKING MAD!

Is it just me?...Or has anyone else noticed the sheer increase in the number of drivers who decide to completely ignore parking restrictions signified by two large yellow lines painted at the side of the roads? Kenilworth Road, Blairforkie Drive, Fountain Road, Well Road and Pullar Avenue are all areas where I often witness a blatant disregard for parking restrictions. The prime reason for two yellow painted lines at the side of the road are nothing to do with aesthetics, but plenty to do with safety. I only hope that drivers will take it upon themselves to heed the restrictions before any accidents occur. There again, many are aware that these restrictions are never enforced. So Stirling Council....Where are the traffic wardens when you need them?

No comments: