PERSONAL STATEMENT

A NEW DIRECTION FOR A BETTER COMMUNITY

"I am both delighted and proud to have been elected to represent the Dunblane and Bridge of Allan ward on Stirling Council. I have spent many months listening to the views and concerns of local residents, and following my election it is now time to address many of those concerns. By putting an end to waste and profligacy, by ensuring that Stirling's finances are brought under control, and by scrutinising policy I hope that we can deliver a new direction for a better community."

Surgery times, dates and venues will be posted here shortly. You can contact me by writing to...

Stirling Council, Old Viewforth, Stirling FK8 2ET

(email) campbellc@stirling.gov.uk

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

NHS - NATURALLY HELPFUL STAFF

Spending time in hospital is never pleasant, unless perhaps you are in the maternity ward. Over the last 15 days I have spent time as a patient at Stirling Royal Infirmary. The NHS has many problems which are all well documented. However, what struck me most about my time in hospital was the excellent performance of frontline staff who were responsible for my comfort and well - being during that time. The staff who had responsibility for cleaning the wards, making the beds, serving food and administering medication did so with the utmost committment and professionalism under difficult circumstances including working in an environment under searing temperatures. I would like therefore to take this opportunity to thank all the staff working in wards 25 and 26 at the SRI for restoring my faith in a highly dedicated team of frontline NHS employees.

No comments: